The Rosemary Hill SWMF is located at 3545 Rosemary Hill Road, Green Cove Springs FL 32043. Hours of operation are: Monday thru Saturday – 7:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Directions from Orange Park/Fleming Island: South on Highway 17, go 1 mile south of Black Creek bridge and turn right on County Road 315 (second traffic light), go 3 ¼ miles to Rosemary Hill Road, turn right and go ½ mile to site on the right.
Directions from Penney Farms/Kingsley Lake/Keystone Heights: State Road 16 east to County Road 315 (about ½ mile past Fair Grounds), turn left, go to the first road on the left (Rosemary Hill Road), go about ½ mile to site on the right.
Directions from Middleburg/Clay Hill: County Road 218 east/south to State Road 16 (Penney Farms), turn left, go approximately 4 1/2 miles to County Road 315 (about ½ mile past Fair Grounds), turn left, go to the first road on the left (Rosemary Hill Road), go about ½ mile to site on the right.
Directions from Doctors Inlet: County Road 220 east to Highway 17, turn right, go 1 mile past Black Creek bridge and turn right on County Road 315 (second traffic light), go 3 ¼ miles to Rosemary Hill Road, turn right and go ½ mile to site on the right.
This site is for the disposal of the following types of material from any location within Clay County:
- Household garbage.
- Building and Construction Debris (C&D).
- Yard Trash includes grass clippings, bagged or loose leaves, shrub trimmings, palm fronds, tree parts, and land clearing debris.
- White Goods (refrigerators, washers, dryers, stoves, water heaters, freezers, etc.) Pursuant to Florida Statute 823.07(2), it is unlawful for any person knowingly to abandon or discard or to permit to be abandoned or discarded on premises under his or her control any icebox, refrigerator, deep-freeze locker, clothes washer, clothes dryer, or similar airtight unit having an interior storage capacity of 1 1/2 cubic feet or more from which the door has not been removed.
- Tires. Commercially-generated tires must be paid for.
- Residential household hazardous waste, household chemicals, pesticides, paint, empty 55-gallon drums, and propane gas tanks are accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Center only. Please ask personnel for assistance.
- Medical sharps, like needles and syringes used in home health care, may be contaminated with disease-causing germs and viruses. These must be handled in specially labeled containers. Clay County’s Sharps Disposal Program can help you dispose of these wastes. Call (904) 529-2801.
Schedule of Fees
Residents within the unincorporated area of the County, the City of Green Cove Springs, the City of Keystone Heights, and the Town of Orange Park (residents who pay the Solid Waste Disposal Assessment) are allowed to use the Rosemary Hill SWMF and the ECCs. If you reside on a property which pays the Solid Waste Assessment, you are allowed to bring in 500 pounds per calendar week of any type of material at no charge at the Rosemary Hill SWMF. Anything in excess of the 500-pound limit shall be charged as follows:
Class I (garbage) $50 per ton, $0.50 per 20 lbs. after 500 pounds.
Household Hazardous Waste $50 per ton, $0.50 per 20 lbs. after 500 pounds.
Class C & D (building materials) $40 per ton, $0.40 per 20 lbs. after 500 pounds.
Scrap Metal $40 per ton, $0.40 per 20 lbs. after 500 pounds.
Yard Trash (trees, shrubs, etc.) $40 per ton, $0.40 per 20 lbs. after 500 pounds.
Appliances $40 per ton, $0.40 per 20 lbs. after 500 pounds.
Tires (passenger) $110 per ton, $1.10 per 20 lbs. after 500 pounds.
Tires (OTR) $270 per ton, $2.70 per 20 lbs.
Payment may be made by cash or check ONLY.
If you have a mixed load, it is suggested that you bring in the most expensive material first (tires, appliances) so it will be applied to your 500 pound no charge limit, then anything left will be charged.
If you live within the Town of Penney Farms, you must bring your material to the Rosemary Hill Solid Waste Management Facility. All waste will be charged at the above-stated rates per ton.
See Household Hazardous Waste for information.
If you are a business, please call (904) 284-6374, 269-6374, (904) 533-2111 Ext. 6374, or (352) 473-3711 Ext. 6374 and speak to our Hazardous Waste Coordinator for information concerning disposal and/or charges.